Prayer That Works
Introduction – Daniel reveals the pattern and conditions of his prayer life.
I. Reading the signs – vv. 1-3
- In captivity 70 years
- God’s vision caused him to study – Jeremiah 25:11; 29:10
- Personal persistence in prayer
II. Looking for answers – vv. 4-14
- Acknowledgement of God’s worthiness for respect
- I, we and our sin – confession
- Detail of deserving discipline
- Scattered lives and confused faces
- God is right – we are wrong
III. Basis of appeal – vv. 15-19
- God’s righteousness, sake, mercies, city and people – Romans 3:26
Conclusion – Praying for God’s glory and name best describes prayer that works!