Peace from Jesus
Introduction – Christ alone answers man’s existential questions and needs.
I. From sorrow to joy – vv. 16-24
- He seems confused
- Jesus continues to comfort them with the promise of His Spirit – John 16:7; Romans 8:9
- Childbirth: pain then joy/the cross – Romans 8:28
- Confirmation: answered prayer – communion
II. Needing love – vv. 25-27
- Parables – unveiled statement
- “Time Cometh” – Pentecost – John 16:12-13
- Direct access to Father God
- Basis of life – God loves you
III. Something to believe – vv. 27-32
- That Jesus is God/Deity
- Believing God is revealed in Jesus
- Faith has content!
- Spiritual strength: self-distrust plus humility
IV. Hope for life – v. 33
- Broke Satan’s hold on us
- Resurrection hope – overcome the world
Conclusion – Christ gives the peace that passes understanding.