Hated For Good
Introduction – Christ’s public ministry ended here because the Jews hated His truthful answers to their questions.
I. The Right Question – vv. 22-24
- Feast of dedication – Hanukkah
- Judas Maccabaeus delivered Jerusalem from Antiochus Epiphanies, King of Syria – 175B.C. to164 B.C.
- Are You God?
II. The Right Answer – vv. 25-31
- I Am – words and works
- Refuse to believe
- Giver of eternal life and safety
- Hated Him for His goodness and truth
III. The Right Cause – vv. 32-39
- Why do you stone Me? What cause?
- Blasphemy – subjective
- Truth – objective
- The law – Psalms 82:6 – I can be no other
Conclusion – Our choice: either hate or love Christ for His good truth – vv. 40-42